Tips On Wearing Your Medical Insoles
Dr Foot Medical Insoles are manufactured to high standards, incorporating the latest advances in biomechanics, which is the study of physics relating to the body. Your orthoses have been custom-made to fit your feet based on the expertise and prescription of your podiatrist.
These medical insoles not only provide arch support but also aim to precisely control foot position, motion degree, and timing sequence of each motion. This improves muscle mechanics, reduces energy expenditure, and enhances the efficiency of your walking and running gait cycle.
Your medical insoles can be used during normal activities and sports as instructed by your podiatrist. Full-length orthoses may require slight trimming to fit your specific footwear accurately. If you have any specific concerns, please contact us for clarification.
To ensure optimal function and longevity of your orthoses, follow these instructions provided by your podiatrist:
- Gradually wear your orthoses to allow your feet to adapt.
- Increase wear time until you can comfortably wear them all day.
- Once you can wear them throughout the day without discomfort, you can exercise in your orthoses.
- If your orthoses make a squeaking sound while walking, apply talcum powder inside your shoes under the orthotic.
Take note of the following:
- Avoid placing your orthoses near a heater, as it can alter their shape and compromise their corrective function.
- Clean the top cover of your orthoses with antibacterial wet wipes. Do not use hot water, as it may damage them. Orthoses with shock-absorbing material should be regularly aired out and can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- During the wearing-in period, it is normal for your feet, legs, and lower back muscles to take time to adapt and potentially experience some discomfort. However, if the pain seems unusual, feel free to contact us.
- For specific wearing-in instructions, please consult your podiatrist.
Over time, your foot may adapt to a better functional position, necessitating periodic changes to your orthoses. If desired, additional pairs of orthoses can be manufactured using the same casts or digital foot images. Please discuss this with your podiatrist.
Did you know that your orthoses are made using plant-based materials? In comparison to other 3D printed orthoses, we can save up to 2kg of plastic per pair!
Enquire with us now
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.