Retrocalcaneal Bursitis is a painful condition where the bursa (a small fluid sac meant to cushion your walking) between your achilles tendon and heel bone gets inflamed.
How did this happen?
- Lack of stretching before exercises
- Overuse of heel and ankles
- Tight fitting shoes or heels
What should I do?
- Rest the affected foott
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammationn
- Do proper stretches before exercising
- Anti-inflammatory medicine can be used to relieve painf
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can provide guidance on proper footwear choices and recommend exercises to manage symptoms and promote healing. Medical insoles or orthotics may be prescribed to provide support and relieve pressure on the affected area. Foot mobilization and soft tissue release techniques can help improve flexibility and reduce tension around the bursa. Photobiomodulation Therapy, which uses light energy to promote tissue healing, may be employed as a treatment modality. In rare cases where symptoms persist despite conservative treatment, surgery may be considered as a last resort.
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.