Stress fractures are microscopic cracks of the bone that can occur from repetitive trauma from sports like marathons. They can occur in any bone of the leg or even the back and hip.
How did this happen?
- Repetitive stress from certain sporting activities
- Osteoporosis can increase the risk of the condition happening
What should I do?
- Rest and refrain from doing sports
- Use ice packs to reduce inflammation
- Avoid high heels, wear footwear with sufficient cushioning
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advise on proper footwear
- A podiatrist can prescribe medical insoles
How long till it recovers?
- It can take up to 6-8 weeks for the bone to improve
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.