Retrocalcaneal Bursitis is a painful condition where the bursa (a small fluid sac meant to cushion your walking) between your achilles tendon and heel bone gets inflamed.
How did this happen?
- Lack of stretching before exercises
- Overuse of heel and ankles
- Tight fitting shoes or heels
What should I do?
- Rest the affected foott
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammationn
- Do proper stretches before exercising
- Anti-inflammatory medicine can be used to relieve painf
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advise on proper footwear and exercises to treat symptoms
- Medical insoles can be prescribed
- Foot mobilization and soft tissue release
- Photobiomodulation Therapy
- Surgery might be needed if symptoms prolong after conservative treatment
- Shockwave Therapy
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.