Nerve entrapment occurs when the nerves leading to the toes are entrapped and compressed. This can lead to painful sensations when putting on shoes or doing simple activities.
How did this happen?
- Trauma or repetitive injury
- Foot deformities pose a risk
What should I do?
- Use an ice pack to reduce inflammation
- Refrain from doing strenuous activities
- Avoid high heels, wear shoes with ample toe space
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advise on proper footwear
- A podiatrist can prescribe medical insoles
- A podiatrist can perform foot mobilisation to free up restriction of the joints
- Photobiomodulation Therapy to reduce swelling and pain
- Surgery might be needed if symptoms still show after conservative methods
How long till it recovers?
- Depends on severity, it can take up to a few days or as long as more than 6 weeks
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.