Lisfranc injury affects the joints, bones, or even both which are located in the middle of your foot. You would most likely experience pain even when small pressure is applied onto the affected foot. There would also be swelling and redness on the foot.
How did this happen?
- Direct trauma to the foot like dropping heavy objects on it
- Twisting your foot
- Falling on your foot
- Common in athletes
What should I do?
- Anti-inflammatory medication can be used to reduce pain and inflammation
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammation
- Rest the foot and do not participate in strenuous activities
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advise if a cam walker can be used to support your foot
- Crutches can be used to prevent pressure applied to your foot
- Surgery might be needed for cases of broken bones
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.