Jones fracture is the fracture of the fifth metatarsal (Little Toe). If you have this injury you are likely to experience pain when walking and see bruises and swelling of the affected area. If not treated in time, permanent injury can occur where the bone cannot heal.
How did this Happen
- Obesity, where increased pressure affects the bone when walking
- Running on uneven surfaces
- Inversion injuries
What should I do?
- Rest, do not put pressure on the affected foot as it can worsen the condition
- Elastic wraps can be used
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammation
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A cam walker might be used with the help of crutches
- Surgery might be needed for severe cases of broken or displaced bones or if conservative methods do not work
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.