"Subungual Hematoma" or blackened toenails is the brown-black discoloration visible in your toe. It usually consists of blood and fluid trapped underneath your toenail. This is usually painful.
How did this happen?
- Traumatic injury to the nail
What should I do?
- Pain killers can help provide temporary pain relief
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can assist in relieving the pressure and treating the wound
- A podiatrist can advise on after treatment care
How long till it recovers?
- If you are suffering from pain, once the pressure is released, there will be immediate relief
- About 2-3 months for a fingernail to fully heal
- About 9 months for a toenail to fully heal
Get in touch with us
If you want a faster respond, kindly reach out to us on WhatsApp here with your name and foot concern. We will get back to you as soon as possible.