Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome is when the tibial nerves around the ankles are compressed, causing burning sensation inside the ankles or pain in various parts of the leg.
How did this happen?
- No specific cause
- Inflammation is usually the reason
What should I do?
- Rest the affected foot
- Avoid activities that can apply pressure to the foot
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammation
- Anti-inflammatory drugs can be taken to reduce pain and inflammation
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- Medical insoles can be prescribed
- A podiatrist can advise on proper footwear
- Foot mobilisation can help to reduce the symptoms
- Surgery might be needed if symptoms prolong after conservative methods