Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Sinus Tarsi Syndrome is the condition where you feel pain and instability below your ankle on the inner side when you apply pressure to it or even walk or stand. Athletes usually suffer from this condition.
How did this happen?
- Repeated injuries to the heel
- Sprained ankle
What should I do?
- Anti-inflammatory medication can be used to temporary relieve pain
- Rest the affected foot
- Stop activities that apply pressure to the affected foot
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammation
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advice on appropriate footwear
- Medical insoles can be prescribed
- Foot mobilisation to relief to reduce joint restriction
- Surgery might be needed is symptoms continue after conservative treatment