Ankle sprain is where you accidentally turn or twist your ankle in an awkward way. This results in the tearing of your ligaments, causing you pain.
What should I do?
- Anti-inflammatory medication can be used to temporary relieve pain
- Rest the affected foot
- Stop activities that apply pressure to the affected foot
- Ice packs can be used to reduce inflammation
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- Crutches or ankle braces can be used to prevent pressure applied on affected foot
- Photobiomodulation Therapy to reduce pain, swelling and improve healing
How long till it recovers?
- It can take up to 1-4 weeks for improvements
- The recovery time for an ankle sprain can vary depending on the severity of the injury and individual factors. Mild to moderate ankle sprains typically show improvement within a few weeks with proper rest and treatment. However, severe ankle sprains may take several months to heal completely. It's important to follow a healthcare professional's guidance and engage in rehabilitation exercises to promote healing, restore strength, and prevent future sprains.