Plantar warts are viruses that cause the little growths of thickening skin at the sole of your feet. Pain can be experienced when you apply pressure to it like walking or standing up. Since pressure would naturally be applied to it, the wart would tend to grow deeper into your foot. Thus, quicker diagnosis and treatment by a podiatrist are encouraged.
How did this Happen
- This virus is prominent in warm and humid climates like Singapore, you can get it from almost anywhere
- A small wound on your foot allowed the virus to enter
- Communal barefoot areas like swimming pool toilets or gym shower
- Transmissible amongst family members
What should I do?
- You should avoid going barefoot
- Medication can be found in a pharmacy to help
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can assist in removing the wart using freezing, chemicals, or a more invasive, but very effective method, verruca needling.
How long till it recovers?
- It can take up to 6-8 weeks to see improvements
- Timing for FULL recovery is variable for different people