Heel Fat Pad Atrophy
Heel fat pad atrophy is the gradual decrease in fat pad located in the ball or heel of the foot, making it painful to walk or stand. This increases pressure on nerves and blood vessels which can lead to inflammation and micro-tears.
How did this Happen
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
What should I do?
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Refrain from going barefoot
- Pain-killers can provide temporary pain relief
What kind of help can I get?
- Prescription Medical Insoles can be custom-made to offload the heel region
- X-rays or ultrasound can be done to exclude other pathology
How long till it recovers?
- It can take up to 4-6 weeks to see improvements
- Atrophy of fat pads require constant care