Hallux Limitus/Rigidus is a disorder of the joint connecting your big toe to the foot. The joint is inflamed causing pain and stiffness, limiting its bending ability. As time progresses without treatment, the situation can advance to Hallux Rigidus where the joint cannot move at all and walking is impossible or very painful.
How did this Happen
- Family medical history of Hallux Limitus/Rigidus
- Trauma to the feet
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What should I do?
- Refrain from activities that apply pressure to the joint
- Stop wearing high heels
- Use ice packs to reduce inflammation for temporary relief
- Anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen can be consumed for temporary relief
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can prescribe medical orthosis to offload some pressure
- Foot Mobilisation Techniques