Synovitis is the inflammation of the synovial membrane which is a tissue that lines joints, this inflammation is usually located at the ball of the foot with pain, redness, and swelling occurring there.
How did this Happen
- Too much pressure applied to the toes due to a deformity can cause this
- Tight footwear or frequent use of high heels
What should I do?
- Wear shoes with ample toe room (approx one thumb size from the tip of the shoe and your toes)
- Hot or ice packs can help reduce inflammation
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can help relieve pressure on the area by using protective padding
- Administration of Cortisone injection may be used
- If any deformities are causing the issue, surgery can be done to correct it
How long till it recovers?
- It can take up from 1-2 weeks to see improvements
- The earlier the treatment, the faster the recovery rate
- Shockwave Therapy