Pump Bump is the growth of excess bone at the heel of the foot. The bump can occur on one or both of your feet. The bump usually is red and irritated with occasional flare ups. It can cause discomfort when putting on shoes due to the shoes rubbing against the back of the heel and more prominent to calluses and blistering.
How did this Happen
- Repetitive pressure to the heel
- Tight footwear like heels
What should I do?
- Ice pack can help reduce inflammation
- Anti-inflammatory medication can help reduce pain
- Use of heel pads
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- A podiatrist can advise on proper footwear
- Medical insoles can be prescribed
- Surgery might be needed if symptoms continue after conservative methods
How long till it recovers?
- Varies from a few days to a few weeks for it to heal