Sever’s disease is an inflammation of the heel’s growth plate. It usually occurs for kids below the age of 14 who actively participate in sports like soccer or basketball. Since they are still developing, the heel bone especially is prone to damage when repetitive stress is applied to it.
How did this happen?
- Overuse of heel bone
What should I do?
- Rest the affected foot
- Ice packs can reduce inflammation
- Proper stretching of calves and hamstrings
- Seek help from a podiatrist
What kind of help can I get?
- Medical Insoles can be prescribed
How long till it recovers?
- Improvements with appropriate medical insoles can take up to a few weeks